My LinkedIn profile can be found here.
Events and Exhibitions
- MAPP: Area 2881: San Francisco, CA: August 6, 2011
- Create:Fixate: Stop, Pause, Now: Los Angeles, CA: July 16, 2011
- Maker Faire, San Mateo, CA: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. 2010, 2011; Austin, TX, 2008
- Television of Tomorrow Conference: Art Gallery, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, March 3-5, 2010; May 17-18, 2011; June 11-13, 2012
- The Studio at SIGGRAPH 2010, L.A. Convention Center, July 25-29 2010.
- Google IO Conference After Party, Moscone West, San Francisco, CA: May 19, 2010
- Centre for Life Planetarium, Newcastle UK: March 13-14, 2010
- The Exploratorium: temporary exhibit of A History of the Sky (work in progress), January 5-31, 2010.
- The Commonwealth Club: Make It: How to DIY and Mini Maker Faire with Adam Savage of Mythbusters, San Francisco, CA: June 14 2010
- Yuri’s Night: NASA Ames Research Center, Mountain View, CA: April 9-10, 2010
- EquaLuma: Imperial Gallery, Oakland, CA: March 25, 2006
- Art That Moves: CELLspace, San Francisco, CA: October 9-20, 2005
Grants and Residencies
- Artist-in-Residence, Exploratorium, June 2012-present
- Awesome Foundation Grant, May, 2010
- Resident Artist at the Exploratorium, San Francisco, CA, January 2010
Books, Articles, and other Publications:
- Book: Blinkybugs! Make Your Own Electric Insects, Chronicle Books, 2010. A combination kit and book that teaches kids about electricity as they create their own simple, blinking “insects.”
- Article: “Slow Down to Speed Up: A smart, cheap setup for shooting long-duration time-lapse movies.” Make Magazine Vol. 21, Jan. 2010, pp. 119-122
- Article: “Antique Geek Chic: Retrofit a vintage radio with new innards to make an amplified speaker for your iPod” Popular Science October 2006, pp. 98-99
- Book Chapter: “Blinkybugs: Maker Faire version,” from The Best of Instructables, Volume 1, O’Reilly, 2008: pp. 255-259
- A Smart, Cheap Setup for Shooting Long-Duration Time-Lapse, 2011 Bay Area Maker Faire
- A History of the Sky: A Work in Progress, London Hackerspace, March 10, 2010
- Open Make: a talk with Dale Dougherty, publisher of Make Magazine, about the creative process, the evolution of Blinkybugs, and my ongoing video project, A History of the Sky. McBean Audiotrium at The Exploratorium, January 30, 2010
- Successful Kickstarter.com campaign
- Radio Shack “Great Create” Campaign: Developing DIY projects, creating ad content, and hosting an online video series. The series of 5 print ads appears in Popular Mechanics, September 2011 through February 2010:
- Visiting Artist, Mindfest at the Fort Worth Museum, Fort Worth, TX, September 2006
- Visting Artist and Hackerspace Instructor, UK Maker Faire, Newcastle, UK, March 2009, March 2010.
- US FIRST Robotics mentor, John O’Connell High School, San Francisco, CA, 2006-2007 academic year
- 2.5-year time-lapse capturing the construction of the new Exploratorium Museum at Pier 15, San Francisco, CA: November 2010-present (ongoing)